Sunday, February 3, 2008

persuasive communication

Any environments we could meet any type of persuasive communication. Persuasive communication makes to change another person’s beliefs, attitudes, and, ultimately, behaviors.
In class, we got two different examples of persuasion. Martin Luther King Jr's Letter from a Birmingham Jail and the guest speakers that came and spoke to the class about persuasion. These two examples gave to me critic thoughts of how persuasion works. I think Martin Luther King Jr.'s letter is the better example of persuasion. On the other side, The guest speakers, they did not do the best job at any sort of persuasion. Because Martin Luther King Jr. used all three parts of persuasion, ethos, logos and pathos, in his letter very good about using those skills. Not only did he use logic, emotion, individually, he used together at one sentence. On the other hand, one of the guest speakers was a woman from the ROTC recruiting office, did not excellent job on presenting it was kind boring and the way they present the subject is fits me that well. which mean, the topic is kind of the sense thus if I were them, I would rather give a good example by each then made the class a little bit alive.

here is an other example of the persuasive communication.

http://www.baptistonline.org/health/library/nutr4826.asp

This article was catching my attention, because since I got in the U.S, I have had more chance to have a instance food more than when I was in Korea. Thus this article was interesting. I think the fact is ethos which means by the title appeals to a person like me who wants to keep themselves from junk food. In this article, Logos is the definition of junk food and examples. the first paragraph gives ethos say to American. I think overall there is pathos. there is questions which ask audience then make them want to follow its suggestions. something like this sentence, " Do not tempt yourself by keeping them around."
Well, after I read over this one I avoid junk foods then make myself being healthy!

No comments: